Users often resort to deactivating or deleting their Instagram account for completely different reasons. Someone wants to have a rest and take a break from social networks, someone is worried about the confidentiality of the data and wants to delete all digital contacts. Therefore, regardless of the current situation or the reasons for which you came to this thought, this article will help you quickly understand everything, making your life easier.
How to delete an Instagram account?
Before you learn how to delete your Instagram account, we want to warn you that these actions cannot be undone. This means that when confirming the intention to delete an account, you agree that your profile, content, followers, comments, and likes will be permanently deleted. You can never restore them.
Deleting an Instagram account (3 easy steps):
- Log in to your Instagram account. Keep in mind that to delete an account, you need to log in through a mobile device or a web browser on your desktop by opening the website of the company – instagram.com. Deleting an account through the application is impossible.
- Go to the “Delete Your Account” page. Clicking on the button to select the reason for deletion, a list will appear in front of you. Choose a reason that best suits you.
- After successfully completing the provided parameter, enter your password to confirm your actions and click on the “Permanently delete my account” button. Your account will be instantly deleted with all its contents, which will not be recoverable.
Please note that after carrying out actions to delete an account, everything that you had on your account will irrevocably disappear. If in the future you want to create a new account, you will not be able to use the previous username during registration. Also, Instagram does not re-activate accounts that have been deleted.
In cases when you are not ready to make radical decisions and do not want to say goodbye to your account forever, you can use the function of temporarily disabling your account, the so-called deactivation.
Deactivating your Instagram account
For those who are tired of social networks and want to arrange a temporary rest, there is a great solution. Instagram has foreseen this state of affairs and has developed an account deactivation feature. Thanks to this opportunity, users can pause their social activity, temporarily disabling the account. After some time, they can easily return to the Instagram community and continue to share their memorable photos and videos.
Thus, you must perform 3 consecutive steps to deactivate your Instagram account temporarily:
- Open your Instagram account. You need to log into your account through a mobile browser or computer by opening the website of the company – instagram.com. If you log in via the app, you will not be able to use this feature.
- Next, you have to open the “Edit Profile” located at the top of your main page. At the bottom of the page, you will see the action “Temporarily disable my account”, which you will need to click on.
- After completing the two previous steps, you will need to specify the reason “Why are you disabling your account?”, selecting data from the automatic pop-up list, and then re-enter your password. This is necessary to confirm that you accept all the conditions and want to deactivate your account. When you fill in all the required fields, you will see the option “Temporarily Disable Account”, which you should click on.
Deactivating your account, you freeze your profile along with everything it contains, including your content and followers. All this data will be stored by the Instagram system in a hidden form until you decide to activate your account again.
Please note that for such actions as deactivating or deleting an account you need to remember your password, as it is a kind of confirmation that you are the true owner of the account. Therefore, if you accidentally forgot your password, you will have to recover it, and only then return to your plans.
Moreover, if you do not want to deactivate or delete your account, but want to make sure that only your followers can see your profile, you can use the privacy settings, restricting access to your content.
Instagram account activation
Taking a break from social networks, over time you may want to return to the digital world with new powers and emotions, and you can easily activate your account by restoring all the data. All you need is to simply log into your account through the main website of the company – instagram.com. You will need to enter your username and password, after which the system automatically activates your account, and you can continue to enjoy all the benefits of your favorite social network.