1. Our Services
SMMrank.net offers a suite of social media management tools that are accessible via our websites and mobile applications. These tools allow you to bring together all of your social media accounts for easy access and management through a single online portal. Through this portal, you can manage your social media, marketing, and advertising campaigns; engage with your audiences; schedule and publish messages; and analyze the results of these activities. Collectively, we refer to these tools as our “Services”.
Any collection, use, and management of personal information by the social networks, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn (collectively, the “Social Networks”) are governed by their respective privacy policies and terms. When using Social Networks, you are required to comply with their privacy policies and terms. We recommend you carefully review their privacy policies and terms, as SMMrank.net is not responsible for Social Networks.
Our Services also enable you to customize and connect your SMMrank.net account to third-party services (“Third-Party Services”), including through apps you can access in the App Directory or which may be available to you via our portal/dashboard. The collection of your information by these third parties is governed by the Third-Party Services’ privacy policies and terms. We recommend you carefully review their privacy policies and terms, as SMMrank.net is not responsible for Third-Party Services.
Our Services are
not intended for use by children and should only be accessed by individuals who
are at least 18 years old.
2. What information do we collect?
We collect information about you as reasonably necessary for the following activities:
Using our Services
We collect the following information when you use our Services:
- Your contact and profile information including your name, email address, organization name, and address; your preferences such as language, time zone, and the types of communication you would like to receive from us; and image (if you choose to provide this). We may also obtain this information if you choose to use a social login service, such as Facebook Login, to create or access your account.
- Billing and other payment information (if you sign up for a paid service or purchase a Third-Party Service), including payment method details, such as credit card number.
- The Services you have acquired from us, including the type of plan, number of team members, and transaction information related to the Services.
- Your social profile information for Social Networks you choose to connect to the Services. For example, your Facebook profile information may include your Facebook username and profile image.
- A specific location such as an address, a city, or a place (for example, a restaurant) if you choose to share this information.
- Your messages, posts, comments, images, advertising, and other material you curate on and upload to the Services; and information that is collected from the Social Networks that you choose to connect to and which is displayed on our Services.
- Content that you may send and receive through Social Networks may contain personal information that SMMrank.net does not directly collect or process. This may include information such as names, photos, age, gender, geographic location, opinions, preferences, and phone numbers.
Logs, usage, and support data:
- Log data, which may include your IP address, the address of the web page you visited before using the Services, your browser type and settings, your device information, the date and time when you used the Services, information about your browser configuration, language preferences, unique identifiers, and cookies.
- Usage data and analytics, which may include the frequency of login, and the different types of activity undertaken by users.
- General Location information, such as IP address and the region in which you are located when you are logging in and using the Services.
- Customer support questions, issues, and general feedback that you choose to provide.
Surveys, events, and marketing information
If you choose to participate in our surveys, contests, events, or those in which we are affiliated, or request information from us about our Services, we may collect information about you related to the survey, contest, or event; your contact information, such as your name, email address, telephone number, organization name and address; and general information about your organization that you choose to provide, such as annual company revenue, number of employees, and industry.
Besides, we may collect information on email open and click rates, including whether individuals clicked on links, and which web pages are visited after opening the email.
Applying for employment
Our careers site collects the information you choose to provide to us when applying for employment, which may include contact information, education and employment history, credentials, and LinkedIn profile information.
Browsing our websites
When you browse our websites, we collect information about you as described below, some of which is collected automatically:
- When you use automated chat functionality to make an inquiry or other requests, we may collect information about you such as your name and email address, your specific request, and information related to your use of our Services.
website usage data including form analysis data (such as time taken to complete
the form), engagement rate, session replay, and mouse movements.
3. How do we use your information?
We use your information for the purposes described below:
Providing and securing our Services
- We need to identify and authenticate our users to ensure, for example, that only those authorized users can use the Services for their organization, and to make changes to their accounts.
- We use information that you provide when signing up to set up your account, process payments, contact you regarding the Services, and manage your account.
- We use your contact information and information related to your request to respond to your inquiries, manage our contract with you, respond to your questions and requests, and send you updates and information about the Services.
- We use logging and other data such as general location information—for example, the IP address of your browser or device, to help us manage the performance, security and compliance of the Services.
- Where you have chosen to share your specific location information, we use this information to provide location-based features, such as enabling you to share your location on your posts for Social Networks that support this functionality and to use any functionality that relies on location information.
- We analyze usage information, your feedback, support queries, and survey responses to help us understand and make improvements to our Services.
Communicating with you
We use your contact information where appropriate to send you information about our Services, events, marketing communications, and job opportunities. We also use email statistics, such as open rates, to assess the effectiveness of, and to make improvements to our communications.
Improving our websites and applications
information about you to help us understand usage patterns and other activities
on our websites and applications so that we can diagnose problems and make
improvements, including enhancing usability and security.
4. What are your rights regarding the information about you?
Marketing emails, advertising and website browsing
in interest-based advertising (where you may have visited our websites or
another website which allows us to display advertising relating to our
Services). The Network Advertising Initiative has developed a tool that may
help you understand which third parties have currently enabled cookies for your
browser and how to opt-out of those cookies.
5. Who has access to your information?
SMMrank.net does not rent or sell your information. We restrict access to your information to authorized employees and we do not share your information with third parties except in the circumstances explained below.
Employees and Authorized Contractors
Our employees and authorized contractors may need to access information about you when they require this to perform their job. For example, a customer support representative would need access to your account to validate your identity and respond to your question or request; our email communications team would need access to your contact information to ensure this information is sent correctly and any unsubscribe requests are properly managed; and our security staff would need to review information to investigate attempted denial of service attacks, fraudulent account activity, or other attempts to compromise the Services.
All our employees and contractors are required to agree to maintain confidentiality and protect the privacy of your information.
Service Providers, Authorized Resellers, and Partners
We will share limited information about you to authorized service providers we use for marketing services, communicating with you, managing our customer database, the provision of professional services, and providing and managing the Services. The third-party service providers we use to help us deliver the Services are referred to as “sub-processors” and are listed on this page.
Where you have purchased a service from an authorized reseller or partner, we may provide information about you to (and may receive information about you from) the reseller or partner as necessary to support your use of the service you purchased.
Social Networks and Third-Party Services
Where you are using our Services and have chosen to connect your Social Networks to the Services, or if you authorize a Third-Party Service to access your account, you are agreeing to provide information about you to the Social Networks and the Third-Party Services under their respective terms and privacy policies.
Law Enforcement, Government Agencies, and Professional Advisors
We may need to disclose information about you where we believe that it is reasonably necessary to comply with a law or regulation, or if we are otherwise legally required to do so, such as in response to a court order or legal process, or to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or to defend against legal claims or demands.
In addition, we
may be required to disclose information about you if we believe it is necessary
to investigate, prevent, or take action: (a) against illegal activities, fraud,
situations involving potential threats to our rights or property (or to the
rights or property of those who use our Services), or to protect the personal
safety of any person; or (b) regarding situations that involve the security of
our Services, abuse of the Services infrastructure, or the Internet in general.
6. What international data transfers occur at SMMrank.net?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other data protection laws, information about you may only be transferred from your region to other regions if certain requirements are met. For instance, under the GDPR, information about you may be transferred from the European Economic Area (EEA) to outside the EEA if adequate data protections are in place. Our Services are managed by SMMrank.net’s headquarters in Canada. As the European Commission considers Canada to be a country which provides adequate data protection, information about you may be transferred from the EEA to Canada.
The third-party service providers we use to help us deliver the Services are referred to as “sub-processors”.
By its nature,
social media data can be shared with people around the globe. The Social
Networks and Third-Party Services that you choose to integrate with our
Services may collect, store, and process your information from various
locations around the world according to their terms and privacy policies.
7. How do we safeguard your information?
SMMrank.net maintains industry-standard security safeguards to protect your information. This includes ensuring our employees receive appropriate security and privacy training and guidance so they are aware of the measures they need to implement to protect your information.
Access controls are in place to limit access to your information to those who need it to perform their jobs. For example, information about you may be provided to our customer support specialists to help you with your requests. Individuals who are permitted to handle your information must adhere to confidentiality obligations.
We encrypt data where appropriate to ensure that your information is kept private. We undertake vendor security and privacy reviews to ensure that vendors follow our stringent requirements to safeguard your information, and we also enter into data protection agreements with our vendors. All payment information is fully encrypted and handled only by PCI certified organizations.
information on our security practices is available in our Trust Center.
8. How long do we retain your information?
We retain your information only as long as required to provide the Services requested by you, for record-keeping purposes, to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce the terms for the Services.
After it is no
longer necessary for us to retain information about you, we will dispose of it
securely or anonymize the information.
9. SMMrank.net’s roles under the GDPR and UK data protection laws
Depending on the situation and the type of data involved, SMMrank.net may act as a data controller or a data processor.
SMMrank.net as a data controller
SMMrank.net acts as a data controller when we are:
- Monitoring usage information on our website;
- Managing your contact and other related information to send marketing, Services, and other communications to you;
- Responding to support or general inquiry; and
- Recruiting individuals for job opportunities.
Legal bases for processing when SMMrank.net is a data controller
The legal bases for processing information about you include:
- Your consent (for example, when you have provided your employment history when applying for a job). Where we rely on your consent to process personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- It is necessary to perform a contract (for example, we may need your information to fulfil our obligations of providing Services to you under the terms relevant to the Services you have acquired).
- Legitimate interest (for example, to provide and maintain the Services to you, to maintain the security of the Services, and to attract new customers to maintain demand for the Services, all of which are described in the “How do we use your information?” section above).
- In some cases, we may have a legal obligation to process your data to comply with relevant laws (for example, processing payroll and tax information to comply with relevant employment and tax legislation); or processing is necessary to protect your vital interests or those of another person (for example, obtaining health-related information during a medical emergency).
Your rights when SMMrank.net is a data controller
Where SMMrank.net is acting as a data controller, we have outlined certain rights in the section “What are your rights regarding the information about you?”.
Also, you may have the following rights:
- Right to object to processing: you may request that SMMrank.net stops processing information about you (for example, to stop sending you marketing communications).
- Right to restrict processing: you may request that we restrict processing information about you (for example, where you believe that this information is inaccurate).
- Right to data portability: you may request that we provide you with information SMMrank.net has about you in a structured, machine-readable, and commonly used format, and you may request that we transfer this information to another data controller.
If you would like assistance on any of the above requests, please email our privacy team with details of your request so that we may consider how we can help you.
SMMrank.net as a data processor
Where you are using our Services and making decisions about the personal data that is being processed in the Services (including selecting the Social Network accounts you wish to connect to the Services, or uploading and using Content), you are acting as a data controller and SMMrank.net is acting as a data processor.
There are certain obligations under the GDPR that you have as a data controller, including being responsible for managing Content on the Services. As a data processor, SMMrank.net will only access and process Content to provide you with the Services by your instructions (which you provide through the Services), the Terms of Service, the Social Networks’ terms, and applicable laws. As part of delivering the Services, we may process Content to further improve the Services, such as enhancing usability and developing new features.
If you are using
the Services as an authorized user of a SMMrank.net customer (whether that
customer is your employer, another organization, or an individual), that
customer determines its own policies (if any) regarding storage, access,
modification, deletion, sharing, and retention of personal information and
Content, which may apply to your use of the Services. Please check with that
customer about the policies and settings it has in place.
We may make
applicable laws, and other factors. We will include a prominent notice on this
website and/or our Services if we make any material changes, but we encourage
you to stay informed by reviewing this policy periodically.
This User Agreement governs all websites, apps, and other Services that link to, or contain references to, this document and are published or made available by SMMrank.net, its parent, subsidiaries and affiliates (“we”, “us” or “our”). Please read this User Agreement carefully. It summaries your rights and obligations in accessing, visiting and/or using the Service.
You can access this User Agreement any time in the footer of the Service’s home page, via the menu button/hamburger icon or on the Service description screen, or as otherwise indicated depending on the Service you are using. By purchasing a Product, registering for any aspect of the Service, or otherwise accessing, visiting or using the Service, you consent to this User Agreement. If you do not agree with the terms and conditions of this User Agreement, you should not access, visit and/or use the Service. We advise that you print or retain a digital copy of this User Agreement for future reference.
All capitalized terms used in this User Agreement that are not otherwise defined have the meanings outlined in the Glossary.
This User Agreement may be modified from time to time, so check back often. So that you are aware changes have been made, we will adjust the “Last Revised” date at the beginning of this document. If we make a significant change to your rights or obligations hereunder, we will also post on the Service a prominent notice that a change was made. Continued access of the Service by you will constitute your acceptance of any changes or revisions to the User Agreement.
If you breach, violate, fail to follow, or act inconsistently with any part of the Agreement, we may terminate, discontinue, suspend, and/or restrict your account/profile, your ability to access, visit, and/or use the Service or any portion thereof, and/or the Agreement, including without limitation any of our purported obligations hereunder, with or without notice, in addition to our other remedies. Besides, we may curtail, restrict, or refuse to provide you with any future access, visitation, and/or use of the Service or any other product(s) or service(s) we provide. We reserve the right, in addition to our other remedies, to take any technical, legal, and/or other action(s) that we deem necessary and/or appropriate, with or without notice, to prevent violations and enforce the Agreement and remediate any purported violations. You acknowledge and agree that we have the right hereunder to an injunction without posting a bond to stop or prevent a breach or violation of your obligations under the Agreement.
In the event of any conflict or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of this User Agreement, and any other terms and/or conditions applicable to the Service, we shall determine which rules, restrictions, limitations, terms and/or conditions shall control and prevail in our sole discretion, and you specifically waive any right to challenge or dispute such determination.